Attorney Jeana K. Reinbold holds over 12 years of experience in consumer and commercial bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, litigation and real estate matters. Over her career, she has served as a bankruptcy and commercial litigation attorney with mid-sized and boutique law firms in Illinois, Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Jeana also served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable William C. Hillman of the United States Bankruptcy Court in Boston, Massachusetts. She has most recently served as the managing attorney of the bankruptcy department of a boutique real estate and creditors’ rights firm based in Massachusetts.
After returning to her home state of Illinois in 2011, Jeana was appointed to serve as a chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee in the Central District of Illinois and started her own law practice. She is a native of Chicago and presently resides in Springfield.
Jeana enjoys running, nature, cooking, tinkering with things and chasing after her two daughters.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, JD (2000)
- University of Chicago, BA, Economics (1995)
Courts and Admissions
- State Bars of Illinois (2000), Massachusetts (2006) (inactive) and New Hampshire (2008)
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern District of Illinois, District of Massachusetts and District of New Hampshire
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Seventh and First Circuits
- United States Supreme Court
Publications and Presentations
- Jeana K. Reinbold, The Tide Turns Against Hybrid Plans in the Circuit Where They Began, American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, February 2013
- Jeana Kim Reinbold, Creditors’ Obligations After Property Surrender in Bankruptcy, American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, February 2011
- Jeana Kim Reinbold, Loan Modifications and Bankruptcy, Boston Bar Association, Boston, Massachusetts, April 2010
- Jeana Kim Reinbold, Pre-Bankruptcy Planning in the First Circuit: “Pigs to Hogs” Update, National Business Institute, Providence, Rhode Island, March 2010
- Jeana Kim Reinbold, “Confirming” a Mortgagee’s Chain of Title: The Case of Gifty Samuels, American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, September 2009
- Jeana Kim Reinbold, New Challenges Following Bankruptcy Reform, Loyola University Public Interest Law Reporter, Winter 2005
- David S. Yen and Jeana Kim Reinbold, The New Bankruptcy Law: Challenge and Opportunity, Clearinghouse Review: Journal of Poverty Law and Policy, November-December 2005